In accordance with the Agreement by the Council of Government of 7 May 2021, enacting the new Plan for Measures of Prevention, Containment and Co-ordination to Tackle the Health Crisis caused by COVID-19, published in the Balearic Islands Official Gazette issue no. 60 of 8 May 2021, the following occupancy measures are established for bus, train and metro services:
- On interurban buses, all seats may be used, and up to 50% of the spaces for standing passengers may be used.
- On train and metro services, all seats may be used, and only the standing spaces specifically indicated by the floor markings may be used.
- This rule does not apply to people with reduced mobility, who may use the service even if the occupancy limit has been reached.
- It is mandatory to wear a face covering and it is forbidden to consume food or drink on all public transport passenger services.
The following is advised:
- Make the journey in silence and use the hand sanitiser, or wash your hands before and after every journey.
- Remain at a distance from other passengers whenever possible, both at stations and stops and once inside the vehicle.
- Plan your journeys in advance and try to avoid travelling at the busiest times of day.
- Travel using the Intermodal Card or your bank card to avoid using cash.