What is it?
The municipal district of Llubí, which extends across 35 square kilometres and has a population of 2,030 (data from 2005) borders on Sa Pobla, Muro, Santa Margalida, Maria de la Salut, Sineu and Inca. According to the interpretation of Joan Coromines and Josep Mascaró Passarius, the name Castell-Llubí (which later became Llubí) comes from rahal Aben-Lubi, which appears in the Llibre de repartiment de Mallorca (1232).
The route, which is around 1,800 metres long, goes from the train station to the centre of the village and allows the visitor to enjoy the village's architectural and cultural wealth.
C/ Sant Feliu, 13. 07430 Llubí (Mallorca)
Telephone: +34 971 52 25 28
Web site: www.ajllubi.net
Bee keeping Museum (Museo de Apicultura):
C/ de la Creu. 07430 Llubí (Mallorca)
Telephone: +34 686 230 703
Opening times: Booking is required (for a maximum of 4 visitors at once)
Web site: www.llubi.net/museu
Guided tour is free of charge
Available public transport
|Monday to Friday|
How to get there
How to get there
How to get back
The starting point is the train station, on the outskirts of the village centre. From here the route heads towards the village and on the way we can visit the Sant Crist del Remei hermitage, the Son Rafal cross and its mill, the church of Sant Feliu and the Bee Keeping Museum. The route ends at the Town Hall in the historic village centre.
Initially Llubí station was just a halt. Because of this, only a small wooden hut was built for the ticket office. In 1879 a passenger building was built. The station is outside Llubí village. In 1882 a loading platform was built for an eau-de-vie factory, but there is no trace of it today.
Sant Crist del Remei Chapel
The chapel is one kilometre away from the centre of Llubí, very close to Llubí station. It was built in 1896 on the initiative of the Presbyterian, Antoni Cladera Fornés. It only housed hermits for three years, between 1897 and 1900. The building is in the Neo-Gothic style, with a hexagonal floor plan and a quadrangular apse.
Son Rafal Cross
A Baroque, sandstone cross, with an octagonal shaft built in 1680. There are figures of saints on the capital.
Son Rafal Mill
A flour windmill. The base is still used as a house.
Parish church of Sant Feliu
The church was built between 1570 and 1650 and extended between 1870 and 1896. In 1913 it attained classification as a rectory. In 1934 the Rose chapel was enlarged. The façade has a plain finish. The square, six story bell tower is on the left, crowned with a Neo-Gothic style pyramid-shaped roof.
The inside has a single nave with barrel vaulting and seven side chapels. The main altarpiece, in the Baroque style and with the image of Sant Feliu, can be seen in the chancel.
Bee Keeping Museum
The Llubí Bee Keeping Museum is in the Can Suau flour mill. It is a private collection that shows the evolution of bee keeping over the years.
Llubí Town Hall
When the Town Hall is open, tourist information can be obtained there.
For the return journey, catch the L390 bus that stops on the main road or go back to the train station.